Sunday, March 13, 2011

Actually looking forward to Monday!!!

I usually look forward to the weekend as a time to relax and unwind and most importantly, forget about anything work related.  
I took my 2 year old daughter to the coast as it was the opening weekend at the holiday site where my parents have their caravan in the vain hope that I'd be able to chill out and have a bit of time to enjoy doing nothing.  The time away was certainly relaxing, in fact spending some of it on the beach this morning was a welcome change to my normal Sunday morning activities.  
As soon as we got home though my stress levels escalated as if to make up for the time that I'd been allowed to relax.  My daughter seemed to be possessed by some sort of deaf monster and its been a constant chore to try and get even the downstairs of the house tidy.  The fact that England won in the rugby only went a short way to cheering my hassled mood.

I'm now taking a few snatched minutes to get all this down while the dinner cooks, optimistically hoping that it will serve as some sort of therapy to get me through the rest of the evening.  I'm thinking that a nice soak in the bath is on the cards and maybe I'll get half an hour to try and get a few words written in a short story I'm working on.
I'm certainly looking forward to tomorrow but it does help that I don't actually work on a Monday I suppose.  I have to try and complete my mummy challenge of knocking together a Jessie cowgirl outfit for Red Nose Day (for my daughter I might add, not for me!) and when she has her afternoon nap I'm looking forward to some quality creative time.  Here's hoping!

Until next time readers!

H xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment