Tuesday, April 26, 2011

'I am a writer, because I write'*

* Jonathan Telfer, Editor of Writing Ma

  I opened my latest copy of Writing Magazine in earnest as I usually do and read through the first few pages to see what was going on in the writing world.  As I read the editors opening comments I could not help but be struck by his parting words, 'I am a writer, because I write.'

  I may have mentioned in previous blogs that I am often reluctant to call myself a writer, I think mainly because I haven't had anything published and not many people read my work anyway.  However this comment seemed so simple.  I do write in my spare time so that must mean, wheher people read it or not, that yes I am a writer.  I enjoy developing the craft and get many things out of it.  It's not just about getting some words down in a logical order.  I find its an invaluable form of escapism to ease some of the stress I get from work and is a chance to disappear into my own worlds and chill out a bit.  It can also be quite therapeutic when you write your boss into a situation (very loosely of course!) and can have them come out the worse off!


Anyway, I have enjoyed having a nice long break over Easter and have actually managed to get a few stories finished.  You never know, I may even put some on here for you lovely folks to give me some feedback on.  That's a hurdle for another day though!


Until next time readers!


H xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment